Saturday, March 1, 2008

My Prince sprouts in the land of suffering

My Prince sprouts in the land of suffering
JUNE 2001 SEMI FINALIST NORTH AMERICAN OPEN POETRY COMPETITION

My Prince sprouts
In the land of suffering

Yesterday, I saw green scenery
Full of hope

The birds sung freely
Without minding the agony

The peasants toiling the land
They till for centuries

The land cried, shed tears, and drew blood
She can no longer cope the hotness of the sun.

Its rays followed me
Wherever I go

Which was yesterday, kept her green
Came the hour of reckoning

Truck came and dust became the color of the day
No more birds.

No comments:

What does Courtney Act and Rich Fernandez have in common?

Self-proclaimed Courtney Act fanboy Rich Fernandez does a fun and quirky shoot with Filipino photographer Adrian Gonzales. So who is Ri...